How To: Dead Trigger – Get Tegra 3 Graphics on non-Tegra 3 Devices
Gamers rejoice! Now you too, like many developers, can enable Tegra 3 graphic optimizations on any non-Tegra device. Note, this may cause the game to lag on your Android device or even cause stability issues. But if you have one of the high-end phones or 2012 you should be good to go. Devices like Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note and Motorola Droid Razr should run this without a hiccup.
Instructions: (A big thanks to Droid-Life for these great easy to follow instructions)
- First of all, enable graphics details to high in setup/others.
- Exit game.
- Use root explorer like ES File Explorer.
- Go to /data/data/com.madfingergames.deadtrigger/shared_prefs/ folder.
- Edit com.madfingergames.deadtrigger.xml file.
- Change < int name=”UnityGraphicsQuality” value=”1″ /> to <int name=”UnityGraphicsQuality” value=”2″ / >.
- Change < int name=”OptionsGraphicDetail” value=”2″ /> to <int name=”OptionsGraphicDetail” value=”3″ / >.
- Save it.
- Modify permissions to remove all write permission on User, Group and Other.
- Delete com.madfingergames.deadtrigger.xml.bak.
If you want a video tutorial you can refer to this great easy to follow video from PhoneBuff’s YouTube channel: