Power Toggles for Android by Painless Apps
An advanced power control widget. FREE and No adsFor creating a Tasker toggle, referFor concerns regarding SuperUser permission: (****** Note: Do not install on SD card ******)**Call phone permission is required for adding direct call shortcuts on the widget.Contains 40+ toggles includingWifiMobile Data (3G/4G)Bluetooth (toggle, discovery and tether),FlashlightCustom application shortcutCustom system shortcutsAnd many more…Supports homescreen widgets and notification widget. Also supports expandable notification widget on Jelly Beans and above.Lockscreen widgets on android 4.2+Many customization options like changing color theme and icons for individual toggles.Backup and share widget settings from the widget configure screen (Menu > Import / Export) as well as various themes for multi-icon toggles and battery toggle.
android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER: Required for running root commands. No effect on non-rooted phones. Users will still get the prompt asking for permission when running root command. android.permission.CAMERA: Required for the flashlight towork.android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: required to display a toggle choice popup when using notification widget (Only on gingerbread)Note: on gingerbread, direct notification toggle is not possible. The clicking the notification widget, it displays a popup to choose an action.
- Can the GPS toggle be single click instead of a shortcut to system settings?
- No. Direct GPS toggle is not possible due to security restrictions on android.
- Where is the 4G toggle button or the 2G toggle button?
- There is an unified mobile data toggle button, which should work for all networks (2G/3G/4G). On some mobiles Wimax toggle would also work.
- Simply add this toggle and change the icon on the global settings screen. The icon is only for the display purpose and serve no functionality changes.
- The flashlight is not working on my device.
- Flashlight is only supported on a limited number of devices. I am not able to support many devices as I don’t have access to those.
- Can the notification widget icon be removed.
- No. Current android API does not support a notification without an icon. You can instead use a transparent icon or a battery icon.
- The notification widget is pushed to the bottom when a new notification arrives.
- Android currently does not support adding a notification which is always on the top. You can enable an accessibility service which pushes the widget on the top whenever a new notification arrives.
On the main application screen, click the pin icon in the notification section, and enable the “Power Controls” accessibility service to make the widget pin to the top of the notification area.Feel free to suggest more toggle button ideas.Please go through the Help and FAQ section in the app (fully searchable) twice before reporting a bug, most likely it is already answered there.It is difficult for me to reply to each email individually, some of the emails may get lost in the huge list of unread mails. If you do not get a reply within a week, ping me again.